Friday, August 22, 2014

I'm Cycling Next Month!!!!

I'm so fucking excited!!!  I spoke to my nurse at the RE's today and she told me that we will most likely start cycling before my next period!  That's one month sooner than I thought we would be cycling and puts me in a perfect spot for where I want to be birth month-wise (so psyched it just happened to work out that way).  I'm praying that this will all work out and that it will give me a take home baby.  We are so ready (well, as ready as we'll ever be; is anyone ever really truly ready?) to be parents.  

My meds are worked out for now.  One good thing that came out of that horrible experience two weeks ago (see my last post) is that I was able to cut my Ativan dose in half since I had already gone through all the withdrawals.  I will have to cut it out completely before I start cycling but that shouldn't be too hard since it is only half a miligram at this point.  I will cut it in half next week and then cut it out altogether.  I am taking ten miligrams of Lexapro and will continue on with that permanently.  I am going to see my psychiatrist next week to get clearance from her for my RE.  They want a letter stating what my treatment will be during my pregnancy.  I will keep close contact with her so that if my dosage needs to be upped at all we can do that.  I hope the appointment goes well; I think it should.

Next Friday I am getting a saline sonogram as well as all the results from our genetic counselor.  We will also have all of our other test results back by then.  So far, I think we are looking at slight MFI (low morph) but considering that they have said people can often get pregnant naturally with that I am feeling a diagnosis of "unexplained infertility" in our future.  But I guess we will see and know by next Friday!!!!  Then we will also get to determine whether we are going to go with IUI or IVF.  Honestly, I'm hoping for IVF.  I want the embryos for the future so that we don't have to go through this shit again when we want to try for a second child, especially considering my age.  

This is all very exciting.  I think, for the first time in two years, things are finally starting to look up for us, at least a little bit.  I don't want to jinx anything, and I'm sure it won't be the last time we experience hard times, but I have to say that these past two years very nearly broke us (as people, not our marriage--that's now stronger than ever).  I feel like if I can live through all of that then I can live through anything.

4 comments:

  1. Eek! How exciting Catmagick! I'm so glad you're getting to cycle early! I'm looking forward to your update on Friday and I'm also glad you're med dosage is getting worked out! Good luck with your HSN too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! That's so exciting. FX that all of the remaining tests go well! FWIW, if your insurance will cover IVF without IUIs and you feel strongly about starting there, I don't think it's unreasonable to push for IVF right away. Like you said, there are more potential benefits to an IVF cycle. Also, another way I looked at it was that if we went through a bunch of IUIs and they didn't work, I would regret spending the time and money. If we went straight to IVF and it did work, there's no way I would regret the decision to skip IUI. And I haven't once thought - man, if only we had tried an IUI cycle first. Good luck no matter what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh!! So exciting that you'll be able to start cycling so quickly!! Hopefully you'll be able to figure out your plan soon. I don't think starting with IUI or IVF would be wrong. It would definitely be nice if you had a great IVF cycle and were able to first and foremost get your BFP, but also if you could have some frosties for future use. But that's probably way cart in front of the horse...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Ana, thank you so much for your advice. I agree with everything you said and plus, like Packer said, I want frosties since when it's time for our second I will likely be around 38. I just don't want to have to go through this all again starting from scratch and worry that my eggs will be too old at that point. Also, another big concern is being hopped up on so many hormones for so many months. With my mood disorder I think it would be really difficult. I would rather get it all out of the way in one fell swoop; cycle, transfer, hopefully be pregnant. With IUI it will mean 1-3 months of hormones and then if that doesn't work still having to go through it again with IVF. No thank you! I am very excited about this and I can't wait for this weeks tests. I am so ready to get this show on the road!

    ReplyDelete