Monday, August 11, 2014

The RE

Well, we saw the RE last Friday.  First of all I will say that I absolutely LOVE our doctor!  He was really kind and enthusiastic and very clear about all our treatment options.  He pretty much laid it all out on the table.  He said that he saw a very slightly low morph in the sperm count but that it was very common and we could very likely conceive on our own with it the way it is (though he did order a recheck).  So far that's all we have as far as possible issues.  We also did a lot more bloodwork as well as genetic testing.  But the doctor basically said we just need to decide if we're going to do IUI or go straight to IVF.  What?!  I was a little shocked; I don't know why, I mean after all we were at a fertility clinic.  I guess I just hadn't fully accepted the fact of us being "infertile" yet.

But we are.  So we are waiting on test results to decide what we are going to do.  Honestly, at first I was wanting to do 1-2 rounds of IUI but now I'm kind of leaning towards going straight to IVF.  I feel like because I am 35 and at this point will not be giving birth until I am 36 I would like to have frozen embryos so that I don't have to worry about when to try for #2.  But we have to see what insurance says too.  The good news is that whatever treatment we choose is all covered!  Depending on the test results though, they may make us do IUI before IVF since it is so much cheaper.  So we will see.  We also still have this month and next month to try on our own too, since I am in the 2WW right now and next month I will be doing cycle day bloods and all that fun stuff.  So I think I will feel a little better about moving forward with everything at that point if I am still not pregnant after that.

I am honestly thrilled about this though.  No matter what at this point, I now know that I will be having a baby at some point next year, whether we manage to get it done ourselves or if we need a little help from the doctors.  We will soon have a plan in place, have an amazing team with crazy high success rates and a really great doctor who makes us both feel very comfortable and who is available to us anytime we need to ask questions.  Awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment