Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Drawing Board.......

I don't even know what the phrase "back to the drawing board" would even be for me right now.  I had to stop the Prozac after three days because it was giving me the same effects as the other meds.  Thumping, wracking heart beat, lightheadedness and weird eyesight things.  So I got some new stuff called supposedly "created for patients just like me".  Well today is day three and guess what?  Same thing.  I don't know what to do anymore.  Obviously I'm going to stop taking it, but I don't know where that leaves me.  What if I just can't tolerate meds anymore?  I'm just going to have to go back to the natural/herbal drawing board.  I just want to feel like my old self again, and I'm afraid I won't ever be able to because I respond so badly to meds.

On another note, my gastroenterologist is being really strange.  He usually gets back to me right away when I email him, but I emailed him on Sunday and again on Tuesday and then I called on Wednesday.   I still haven't heard back from him.  This is just very unusual and odd and I'm starting to worry.   What do you do when you are seeing one of the best doctors in all of New York City and they can't help you?  Where would you even go?  I am sure if he can't help me he will give me a referral.  At least that's what I hope.

I am losing hope a little more every day that we will be able to have a family.  I need this taken care of so we can start seeing the RE.  I don't even know what to do about anything anymore; it is so discouraging.  I mean, maybe with H's bipolar disorder and my depression/anxiety disorder it is best that we don't raise kids.  Maybe we are just not strong enough.  Maybe this is the universe telling us that we need to take care of each other and ourselves and that all we can really handle is cats.  I don't know.

I am freaking out about starting my new teaching job.  I have been shadowing the teacher I am replacing for the past two weeks and it seems like it will be good but a lot of work.  I am not afraid of doing a lot of work, but I feel so shitty that I am worried I won't do a good job.  I feel like I am caught between a rock and a hard place.  H has realized that as much as he would like (and I would like) for him to be able to quit his misery-making job after my benefits kick in in April that it would be very ill advised.  The reality is that we both have health conditions that require constant attention and we can't be without health insurance.  If I don't get a permanent postition for September then I will lost my insurance as of August 31st, and if he doesn't have a job with benefits then we are fucked.  I am glad he has come to this conclusion because I feel terrible since I was the one to suggest he quit in April.  I would love to see him leave this job but we are unfortunately once again stuck between that rock and hard place.

Things are tough.  They really are.  Last night I just cried and cried while listening to this song after dinner.  H hugged me and said this should be our mantra right now.   I am trying.  Truly I am.


I love this video because it is so real.  This is H and me right now.    

1 comment:

  1. ::HUGE HUGS:: Catmagick. I'm so so sorry that you're going through a rough time. I have minimal experience with it, but maybe the natural/homeopathic route is the way to go if you're having such strong side effects to the medication. I know that it is difficult to see through the tough times, but I truly believe that you and YH will make it through this and have beautiful children. It's never too late and just keep focused on the goal. <3

    ReplyDelete